Want to find out if a major in the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences (CMNS) is right for you? Plan a visit to Maryland!
- Learn what to do in high school to excel in college as a science major.
- Discuss AP/IB credits.
- Get tips on strengthening your admissions application
- Take a campus tour
- Campus visit dates and virtual Zoom sessions for students applying as freshmen for fall 2023 and fall 2024 will be added to this page in June.
Create a personalized visit - for prospective students!
- Explore our majors.
- Discuss how we can help you to prepare for a career in the health professions.
- Meet with a faculty member or academic advisor who shares your interests (available for students interested in astronomy, atmospheric and oceanic science, geology, mathematics, immersive media design, and physics)
- Talk through what being interested in a limited enrollment program (biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, neuroscience, computer science, or immersive media design) means for you.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Eden Rome Hurley (Garosi), Class of 1996
Program Manager, Undergraduate Admissions Counseling and Recruitment, CMNS
Our summer in-person, on-campus information sessions and virtual visit options for fall 2023/2024 prospective students will begin in June.
Are you a prospective transfer student who wants to figure out how your credits will transfer in to UMD and which major is the best fit?
Please work with our pre-transfer advisors, who have many flexible ways for you to meet with them and discuss your academic future @UMD!
Want to see it all with your friends and family?
The University of Maryland hosts special visit days throughout the year so that you can learn about the whole campus - from academics and campus tours to resident life - in one day! Register now for the Fall Explore Maryland Virtual Open House: https://www.admissions.umd.edu/visit/fall-explore-maryland-day
You can register for admissions virtual or in-person student-led campus tours and undergraduate admisisons information sessions here: https://admissions.umd.edu/visit/calendar