Want to find out if a major in the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences (CMNS) is right for you? Plan a visit to Maryland!
- Learn what to do in high school to excel in college as a science major.
- Discuss AP/IB credits.
- Get tips on strengthening your admissions application
- Take a campus tour
Create a personalized visit!
- Explore our majors.
- Discuss how we can help you to prepare for a career in the health professions.
- Meet with a faculty member or academic advisor who shares your interests (available for students interested in astronomy, atmospheric and oceanic science, geology, mathematics, and physics)
- Talk through what being interested in a limited enrollment program (biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, neuroscience, computer science, or immersive media design) means for you.
- Email email@example.com to set up a (virtual during fall 2020/spring 2021) personal visit appointment.
Get the ball rolling!
Admitted freshmen and transfer students are welcome to join us for info sessions (featuring current students and led by Eden Garosi) as listed below - registration is required at least 48 hours in advance of each virtual session, and the Zoom link will be provided later. All sessions will be from 2-3:30 p.m. EST.
- April 8: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, and Neuroscience - https://forms.gle/DVnFzDnTULY2urTq8
- April 9: Computer Science - https://forms.gle/KdPV99p1A5hBxuo28
- April 20: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, and Neuroscience - https://forms.gle/dYbViyNjjo68jmzR9
- April 21: Computer Science - https://forms.gle/ccKNwvPbHikMJg4P7
If you have been admitted to a major other than those listed above, feel free to contact Eden Garosi in order to set up a time to learn more!
Ms. Eden M. Garosi, Class of 1996
Coordinator, Undergraduate Admissions Counseling and Recruitment
Want to see it all with your friends and family?
The University of Maryland hosts special visit days throughout the year so that you can learn about the whole campus - from academics and campus tours to resident life - in one day!