- Application Opening: Friday, December 2, 2022 at 1:00 PM
- Priority Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- Final Deadline: Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Information about the interview process will be provided after the application closes.
Applicant Eligibility & Requirements
All CMNS Peer Mentor applicants must have:
- A CMNS a major
- A minimum of 45 credit hours complete by spring 2023
- A minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working with first-year CMNS students
- Ability to work effectively in groups
- Ability to work 4-6 hours per week starting in fall 2023
- Ability to be a teaching assistant for UNIV100 in the fall 2023 semester
- 2 hours, 1 day per week
- 1 administrative hour granted
Successful completion of the CMNS Peer Mentor application includes:
Complete and thorough responses to application questions
- One UMD reference (i.e., UMD faculty/staff member, current CMNS Peer Mentor, Resident Assistant (RA), graduate assistant, or teaching assistant).
- References will receive a link from CMNS Student Services to fill out a reference form on your behalf. Applicants will only need to provide a name and email.
- Resume or activity sheet that shows employment, involvements or leadership
Newly hired Peer Mentors will need to:
- Enroll in and complete EDUC388 in the spring 2023 semester. A 1-credit pass/fail course that focuses on job training and skill development for the CMNS Peer Mentor position. This course will start in March. More details will be shared upon hire.
- Enroll in and complete EDUC388U in the fall 2023 semester. A 3-credit graded course that focuses on leadership development and the UNIV100 TA experience. Peer Mentors will satisfy the DSSP General Education area upon completion. More details will be shared upon hire.