Get student-driven and personalized advising and programming tailored specifically for STEM majors.
To get started, reserve an appointment through Careers4Terps by logging in and clicking “Counseling” in the shortcuts menu in the top right corner of the page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-314-7225 with questions.
Note: Advising is available to all CMNS undergraduates, master's students and recent graduates up to one year after graduation. CMNS doctoral students may seek support from the university's centralized University Career Center & The President's Promise Office, but may also find it helpful to access services through the Graduate School's Professional Development and Career Services.
Services provided by the University Career Center @ CMNS:
- Job search strategies (networking, follow-up etiquette, informational interviews, etc.)
- Developing customized application materials for desired industry or field of choice
- Preparing for interviews
- Salary research
- How to make contacts within a specific industry
- Internship search strategies
- Major and career exploration