Odyssey magazine is published for alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students of the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences.
Your comments and feedback are welcome. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe, please email email@example.com with your name and mailing address.
- Canceling Cancer With T Cells
- Training the Brain
- Mapping Molecules in the Brain
- Alums Fighting Human Diseases
- Predicting Droughts from Space
- Balancing the Climate Budget
- Choosing Trees to Cool Cities Wisely
- Alumni Climate Crusaders
Machine Learning: Harnessing the Predictive Power of Computers (pdf)
- UMD vs. COVID-19
- Machine Learning: Harnessing the Predictive Power of Computers
- Pavan Ravindra Solves Equations—and Rubik's Cubes
- Antarctica Adventure
- Laying Down the Laws
- Weathering the Storm
- Estate Gift to Mathematics Honors Herbert A. Hauptman (Ph.D. ’55, Mathematics)
Be the future. (pdf)
- Opening a Door to Tomorrow
- Turning Ideas Into Reality
- Creating a Sense of Community
- Cultivating Leadership
- Building a Hub for Tech Leaders
- Driving Research Advances
- Our Generous Donors
Fearless Science: A Half-Century of Bold Research (pdf)
- Fearless Science: A Half-Century of Bold Research
- A Bedrock Gift for Geology Seniors
- A Real-life Boost for Virtual Research
- Telling the Stories of Evo-Devo
- Falling into Entrepreneurship
- Fighting Human Disease at All Scales, from Multispecies to Submolecular
- Joe Redish: Walking the Walk of Physics Education
- An Augmented Experience
- A Career at the Interface
- New Labs Catalyze Chemistry Learning
Special Edition–Two Covers, Same Content!
- Tipping the Balance: Environmental Security in a Time of Scarce Resources and Conflicting Priorities
- Teaming Up: Mathematics + Life
- Student Research Around the World
- U.S. Government’s Top Chemist
- A Day in the Life of an Undergraduate CEO
Black Holes: Supermassive Guardians of the Galaxies (pdf)
- Black Holes: Supermassive Guardians of the Galaxies
- Deep Time, Deep Foundations
- A Family Affair
- #Outwork On and Off the Court
- Math Whiz Wins Wall Street
- "Terpaholics" Can't Stop Giving
- Alumnus DJ Patil Named U.S. Chief Data Scientist
Game Changer (pdf)
Brendan Iribe continues to show his vision.
- Game Changer - Brendan Iribe Continues to Show His Vision
- 2015: A Quantum Odyssey
- Young Scientists, Ancient Discoveries
- Tipping Point to Turning Point
- The Mechanicks of Mentoring
Now You See It (pdf)
Big data provides new research insights across the college.
- Now You See It - Unexpected Patterns and Connections Fuel Data-driven Discoveries
- Up, Up and Away - CONTRAST Team Takes to the Skies
- Matchmaker to the World
- Creating a Financial Cushion
Welcome to the Physical Sciences Complex (pdf)
- Great Science Happens Here - Physical Sciences Complex Opens Its Doors
- Design Innovations Foster Research Breakthroughs
- New Complex Helps Attract Nation's Top Physicists to JQI
- PSC Strengthens NIST Partnership - Katharine Gebbie Advocated for JQI and New Facility
- Big Questions In Science: 1) Why do tiny neutrinos reveal about the universe?
- Big Questions In Science: 2) Was Einstein Correct?
- Big Questions In Science: 3) How can deadly pathogens be controlled?
- Big Questions In Science: 4) What drives the movement of animal populations?
- Big Questions In Science: 5) How do genes change functions in nature?
- Big Questions In Science: 6) How does energy flow between fast-spinning molecules?
- Big Questions In Science: 7) How can artificial intelligence decipher complex data?
- Big Questions in Science: 8) Why do continents exist only on planet Earth?
- Big Questions in Science: 9) How do mathematical models explain nature?
- Big Questions in Science: 10) How can we improve weather forecasting?
- Tobin Marks Discovers Catalysts to Create Sustainably Produced Plastics
- Persistence Pays Off (Student Profile)
- Robert Menzer Establishes Award to Honor Grandson
The Innovation Issue: CMNS Innovators and Entrepreneurs Change the World (pdf)
- Fail Fast to Succeed Early
- From Research to Market
- Hands-On Experience for Budding Life Science Entrepreneurs
- Student Catch Innovation Bug Early
- Top Tech Companies Have CMNS Connection
- A Quantum Leap in Computing
- Caring Professor Inspires Corporate Success
Transforming Teaching and Learning (pdf)
- Breaking Boundries: New Teaching Strategies Cross Disciplines
- Paying It Forward: Tom and Mary Snitch
- Total Immersion
- Science For All
- Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Dynamic Duo Guides Generations of Students to Academic Success
CMNS Explores the Impacts of Climate Change (pdf)