What services can the University Career Center @ CMNS provide?
- Job search strategies (networking, follow-up etiquette, informational interviews, etc.)
- Developing customized application materials for desired industry, field of choice or graduate/professional school
- LinkedIn critique, or help using it to Network- Find Alumni Tool instructions
- Preparing for interviews
- Salary research
- How to make contacts within a specific industry
- Internship search strategizes, after student has received an overview from the Center or by attending an internship workshop (Guide to Getting Experience)
- Additional resources at: www.careers.umd.edu
How can students schedule appointments?
All appointments at the University Career Center @ CMNS can be scheduled online through Careers4Terps (C4T) at www.careers.umd.edu, by calling 301-314-7225, or visiting the Center at 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing.
Whether you are a student who knows exactly what you want to do after college or you are still exploring many different career options, career exploration during college provides an opportunity to think about what applications of your college learning will be most satisfying to you after college.
Where is the University Career Center @ CMNS located?
1320 Symons Hall
Who would you meet with?
Careers4Terps is a free, web-based service providing students and alumni access to full-time, part-time and internship positions posted by employers looking for UMD students and alumni.