To request permission to take courses at another institution students should do the following:
- Discuss potential transfer course(s) with your advisor.
- Look up transfer course equivalencies in the Transfer Credit Services database.
- Carefully read the entire line for a course in the database including any footnotes. Some courses can no longer be transferred to UMCP even if they have an equivalent.
- Complete a permission to enroll form.
- NOTE: If you want to enroll in another institution within your final 30 credits, you must also submit a request for Exception to Policy. Check the first option on the second page under "Action Requested." You may submit the Exception to Policy to 1300 Symons Hall or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit both forms for your request to be processed.
- Wait for email notification of the decision on your request BEFORE enrolling at the other institution.