- NOBCChE - UMD student chapter of The National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers. Grad and undergrad students are welcome!
- SACNAS - UMD student chapter of the Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Latinos and Native Americans in Science
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Graduate Student Organization (GSO)
- Entomology Student Organization (ESO)
- GRAD-MAP - Graduate Resources Advancing Diversity with Maryland Astronomy and Physics. An organization that connects underrepresented students in physics and astronomy with minority-serving institutions in the mid-Atlantic.
Graduate Student Government hosts an annual Graduate Research Appreciation Day (GRAD) where grad students can share their research, obtain faculty and peer feedback, and hone their conference presentation skills in an on-campus, conference-style venue. GRAD fosters healthy competition among students by recognizing and awarding the best presentations from subject-themed oral and poster presentation sessions.
Graduate Student Life - learn about resources, activities, and events for grad students.
The Graduate School also runs the Three-Minute Thesis Competition, which challenges students to communicate the significance of their research projects to a non-specialist audience in just THREE MINUTES! Graduate students from all disciplines are eligible to participate! UMD's winner moves on to compete in the international competition.