Join Us for Maryland Day on Saturday, April 30th!
Join us for the 18th annual Maryland Day to explore our world of fearless ideas on Saturday, April 30, 2016, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Maryland Day is an exciting opportunity for prospective students and area residents to learn more about the University of Maryland.
Maryland Day offers more than 400 festivities including exhibits, workshops, hands-on demonstrations, performances, cross-campus tours, lectures, petting zoos, and athletic events.
Maryland Day will be held rain or shine. Admission and parking are free. A campus map can be found here.
We hope you’ll join the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences on Science & Tech Way for the 31 events listed below! To view the full day’s schedule, please visit the Maryland Day website. Events are all-day, except where noted.
- Maryland Wildlife Quest – Outside
Bioscience Research Building
- Chemistry Magic – Front Entrance
- Chemists Celebrate Earth Day – Front Entrance
- Chemathon: The Chemistry of Color (9 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Computer Science Instructional Center
- Algorithms and Coding With Balloons – Lobby (10 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- CompSciConnect Showcase – Room 1121 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Explore Computer Science – Room 1115 (10 a.m.-11 a.m.)
- FISHBowl Entrepreneurship Showcase and Competition – 2nd Floor
- Think Like a Computer – Lobby
- Virtual Reality Demonstrations – Room 1122
- Minerals and the Earth: The Stuff of Life – Room 2118
- Fossil Dig – Outdoors
Glenn L. Martin Hall
- Ask an Astronomer – Front Lawn
- AstroCardboard – Front Lawn
- Climate and Life Through Time – Front Lawn
- Earth System Science and Climate Change – Front Lawn
- Explore the Universe With the AstroTerps – Front Lawn
- Fingerprinting the Universe – Front Lawn
- Mathematics Exhibit – Front Lawn
- Solar Observing – Front Lawn
John S. Toll Physics Building
- Cosmic Ray Lab Tour – Front Lawn (1 p.m.-2 p.m.)
- Discover Physics – Front Lawn
- Ligo Talk – Room 1201 (2 p.m.-2:30 p.m.)
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream – Front Lawn (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Physics of Pottery – Lobby (11 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Smoke Ring Cannons – Front Lawn
- Think Quantum – Front Lawn
Plant Sciences Building
- Bone Collector and Forensic Science – Room 1168
- Discover a Swamp – Room 1162
- Germs! The Five-Second Rule – Rooms 1171, 1168
- Insect Petting Zoo – Room 1161 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Life Questions With Biology Answers – Room 1164
- Vision Screenings – Room 1172
Media Relations Contact: Abby Robinson, 301-405-5845, email@example.com
About the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences
The College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences at the University of Maryland educates more than 7,000 future scientific leaders in its undergraduate and graduate programs each year. The college's 10 departments and more than a dozen interdisciplinary research centers foster scientific discovery with annual sponsored research funding exceeding $150 million.