To request permission to take courses at another institution students should do the following:
- Discuss potential transfer course(s) with your advisor.
- Look up transfer course equivalencies in the Transfer Credit Services database.
- Carefully read the entire line for a course in the database including any footnotes. Some courses can no longer be transferred to UMCP even if they have an equivalent.
- Complete a permission to enroll form.
- Wait for email notification of the decision on your request BEFORE enrolling at the other institution.