Currently enrolled UMD students must obtain permission to take courses at another institution. To request permission to take courses at another institution students should do the following:
- Discuss potential transfer course(s) with your advisor.
- Look up transfer course equivalencies in the Transfer Credit Services database.
- Carefully read the entire line for a course in the database including any footnotes and start and end terms. Some courses can no longer be transferred to UMCP even if they have an equivalent.
- NOTE: If you want to enroll in another institution within your final 30 credits, explain why you need to take this class elsewhere in your final 30 credits. Include this explanation in the "create note" section at the bottom of the online form.
- Complete a permission to enroll form.
- Wait for email notification of the decision on your request BEFORE enrolling at the other institution.