Many students begin their education at two or four-year colleges or universities and successfully transfer to the University of Maryland to earn their BS degree. We welcome transfer students, and our advisors can help you make the transition a smooth one. In addition to transfer options available on the College Park campus, we offer 2+2 degree programs which can be completed at the Universities at Shady Grove campus in Montgomery County. Prospective students are encouraged to consult with the University Pre-Transfer Advising Office to assess their readiness for transfer.
Ready to apply?
- Learn who qualifies as a transfer student
- View the transfer application checklist
- View transfer application deadlines
- Apply online
How will your previously earned credits be applied to your Maryland transcript?
- View the guidelines for transfer credits
- Access the transfer credit center
- Look up Maryland course equivalencies based on credits you’ve already earned
Biological Sciences Program at the Universities at Shady Grove campus
The Science in the Evening Program serves students who have already completed an undergraduate degree who are interested in taking science courses in preparation to enter schools in the health professions or other careers.