CMNS Graduation Ceremony
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
3:00 p.m. - Procession begins at 2:40 p.m.
- Each student will be individually recognized during this ceremony. Ph.D. students will be hooded at this ceremony.
- Tickets are NOT required.
- Graduation candidates should report to the Pavilion Court in the Xfinity Center at 2:00 p.m.
- Family members and guests should arrive at 2:30 p.m.
- If you need special arrangements for hearing impairment or other disabilities, please contact Moriah Petersen.
- The CMNS Commencement Ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- The entire ceremony with be live streamed on the CMNS youtube channel.
- If you are decorating your cap for commencement, show us your Terp pride by sharing a photo with us on Facebook and/or Twitter!
Campuswide Graduation Ceremony
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
6:00 p.m. (Procession to begin at 5:40 p.m.)
Xfinity Center (Directions)
- During the Campuswide Commencement Ceremony, President Wallace Loh will officially confer degrees.
- Each student will NOT be individually recognized during this ceremony. Ph.D. students will NOT be hooded at this ceremony.
- Tickets are required for the fall campus-wide commencement ceremony. Ticket information is available on the Commencement website.
- Information for guests who require special assistance, including sign language interpreters, is available on the Commencement website.
Guest Speaker: Congressman Elijah E. Cummings
Student Speaker: TBD
- Parking is FREE on commencement days.
- All metered parking will be shut off for the duration of commencement.
- Shuttle signs will be posted for guests along the route.
- All Shuttles designated for commencement will display a flag.
- Shuttle service will be available 2 hours prior to the first ceremony and 2 hours after the last ceremony on each day.
Student Regalia, Photography and Flowers
Graduation regalia is required. All students, faculty and staff should order regalia from the University Book Center. Bachelor's and master’s degree candidates regalia are available for purchase only. The following items are required and sold as a package: cap, gown, department hood, stole and tassel. For further information, visit http://commencement.umd.edu/index.html#regalia.
A professional photograph will be taken of each graduate participating in the campus-wide commencement ceremony prior to the procession as well as at the individual ceremonies as each student processes across stage when his/her name is called. The photographer will contact students to purchase photos that will be available to purchase later via mail. For further information, visit www.gradimages.com.
Roses will be available for purchase at ceremony locations around campus.
Senior Clearance Information Form
To be completed by all undergraduate Bachelor of Science candidates in the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences only. Information gathered from the Senior Clearance Information Form will be of great benefit to the college and to future students. Please complete the online form here.
Undergraduate Students with Honors
If you are an undergraduate student graduating with Latin honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude) you will receive a red tassel from the college. Students receiving departmenal honors chords, tassles, stoles, or special medals must contact the department offering the specific award.
Latin Honors Ranges for CMNS:
Summa Cum Laude 4.000 - 3.990
Magna Cum Laude 3.989 - 3.951
Cum Laude 3.950 - 3.878
For more information from the Office of the Registrar regarding Latin Honors Cutoffs and Eligibility, click here.
For Graduate Students
Ph.D. students must RSVP for the CMNS graduation ceremony here. Please make arrangements to be hooded during the ceremony. If your advisor is not available, you can ask another member of your committee. Your department chair will hood you if your committee members are not available.